Sunday, October 17, 2010

$kills to pay the bill$

"What do you do?"




One of the most common questions people ask when getting to know one another, and I have a hard time answering that question simply and briefly. 
I often give my current job title as the answer, "I'm a color separation artist for textile printing." this is often meet with a smile and a nod. 
(i actually do allot more then that, including; print consulting, art directing for production and training... the list goes on)

The average person doesn't quite know what a 'color separation artist' means and many think that it's fairly simple and not very involving. 
Truth is, for the most part it can be very simple and easy but not if you're in per suite of reproducing the artists original work as accurately as possible (or even making it better in some cases) and making it print and production friendly.
For those curious i often take the time to explain what it is i do in more detail and can talk about this subject for hours. so i figured why not make a blog.

I will be posting allot of my work and critiquing them (i'm my worst critic by far!), explain the processes and print techniques,  in pursuit of educating and perfecting the art form.

I'll also be posting some of my past works and writing some stories relating to my history with screen printing and my love for t-shirt art and design.

I hope you enjoy my posts as much as i enjoy the art of color separations!

Thanks to NTD apparel and HiTex printing for their support

2 comments: